Latest from GIFC

Friday, 3 August 2012

Securities Commission Malaysia: Sukuk outstanding at US$165.2bil, which was 2/3 of the total Sukuk outstanding globally

 KUALA LUMPUR: The total amount of bonds outstanding stood at RM941bil as at end-June 2012, reflecting the continued growth of the Malaysian bond market, the Securities Commission said.
It said on Thursday the amount included US$165.2bil in Sukuk outstanding, which was two-thirds of the total Sukuk outstanding globally of US$243.4bil.
In its scorecard, it said fund raising activities in Q2 of 2012 continued to be robust. The SC received 56 applications for equity related proposals and issuances of private debt securities (PDS) in Q2, three times the applications received in Q1 2012.
"A total of 42 or 75% were PDS applications, while the remaining 14 or 25% were for equity related proposals. Six applications for Main Market IPOs were received compared to two in Q1 2012. Two IPOs were approved in this quarter, namely Felda Global Ventures Holdings Bhdand IHH Healthcare Bhd," it said.
The SC said the number of approved PDS applications in Q2, 2012 rose to 24 from 16 in Q1 2012.
"The total amount of funds approved to be raised from ringgit-denominated PDS issues also increased by 4.9% to RM23.01bil in Q2, 2012 compared to RM21.94bil in Q1, 2012," it said.
The SC also said total corporate bond issuances reached RM66bil in H1 of 2012 compared with RM70bil for the whole of 2011. Included in the RM66bil was PLUS Bhd's issuance of RM30bil Sukuk, which was the single largest corporate Sukuk in the world.
"Given this trend, the SC expects to see two consecutive years of record level issuances which augurs well for the Malaysian bond market," it said.
(The Star Online / 02 August 2012)
Alfalah Consulting - Kuala Lumpur:
Islamic Investment Malaysia:

No comments:

Upcoming Events on Islamic Finance, Wealth Management, Business, Management, Motivational Alfalah Consulting, KL-Malaysia:


Register Online . Register Today

Islamic Financial Planning & Wealth Management by Ahmad Sanusi Husain